Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'll Give You a Wat Pho!

I've been in Bangkok 11 days now, and although I've not been inclined to visit the big touristy spots (I've avoided the Grand Palace & floating market so far), yesterday was an exception. Will and I visited Wat Pho, the big temple complex down by the Palace. It bills itself as the grandest temple in all of Thailand and it did not disappoint.

The Reclining Buddha... WOW!

 

As usual, my travels were not were their regular snafus, like getting on the wrong boat, for example.
 

Enjoy! 



A rather unpleasant ending to the 'jok' story from two days ago. Yesterday, I was able to get my 'jok' in the morning. It was delicious and all that I remembered from 20 years ago. 

This morning, I awoke with my first case of Montezuma's Revenge whilst living 
here in Thailand.  Ugggh... I'll spare you the unpleasant details, suffice to say, I'm glad the computer desk is right next to the bathroom door.  When the urge to GO hits, I don't think I could make it much further. 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the Revenge issue. Hope you're better quickly. Incredible temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drink lots of water! Tea is good too... And broth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you stick to just bottled water for your drinking water? I agree with your momma. Tea and broth too. I loved the music you chose to go with your video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice video! Is that all real gold on those figures? You must have a love for cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your comments. Don. (friend of your folks way back from Milwaukee days.)

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...