Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Return to America 7: America's Finest City

No visit to the mall is complete without a
Hot-Dog-on-a-Stick!
My recent holiday can be easily divided into three parts. First was the time I spent with my parents in their RV in Death Valley. Second, condensed into a single video on this blog, was a week at my sister's house in San Diego. Finally, you're going to see the last week in New Zealand. 

San Diego calls itself "America's Finest City", which my sound like a boast. I lived there from 1988 to 1997, and I really can't argue with this claim. When you consider everything: climate, economy, cuisine, traffic, crime, diversity, culture, etc.,
I can't think of another major American city that has it all. In some areas, like climate and cuisine, I'd put San Diego at the top of any list. If I ever do go back to America permanently, I'd make San Diego my home. 

Feel free to comment below on your favorite American city. 

In this video, you'll see me taking Sandy, my sister's 9-year-old golden retriever, for a walk, shopping at COSTCO, visiting Balboa Park and enjoying a holiday dinner. 




3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I couldn't see a video available. Even so, I'm sure I'll see other blog entries you create! Again, Happy New Year! Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video didn't come up. Maybe you could repost it. Something also seems strange about leaving comments. I don't know if it is on this side or yours, but I seem to have to click on publish several times and then hit still takes awhile. I think if I left the page the comment wouldn't post.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...