Tuesday, June 6, 2017

On the Go in Manado 17 - Christ Blessing




After the long journey wandering around North Sulawesi, I found myself with a few days at the end to explore the principal city of the region, Manado. 

I left my hotel in the city center and headed southeast, looking for Jesus Blessing. 

The security guards at the entrance of the gated community where Jesus Blessing stood were quite strict in their duties. I had to go up to the community's HQ's (difficult to find) and get permission to enter and see Asia's 2nd tallest Jesus statue. Tourist destination? Not so much. 

After jumping through all the hoops, I climbed the hill to see the Jesus which was 2/3rds the immensity of the USA's Statue of Liberty. 

Then it was time to find my next hotel in Manado. 


Enjoy the video. 

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for asking us to enjoy the video. I did!! I enjoyed your blog entry. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...