Monday, December 18, 2017

Return to America 3 - Death Valley



While on holiday, it’s quite natural to refer back to being at home, thinking to yourself, “I’ll do or get this or that when I’m home.” These thoughts come even if it’s just a temporary home like staying with your parents on holiday. When you live fulltime in an RV, as my parents do, there is no getting back home after a holiday. You carry your home with you! A few times during my time staying with my parents, I was confused by this basic fact.


That said, not every excursion requires driving your home around.
You may have noticed in a previous video that my folks tow a jeep behind their rig, and this comes in handy for getting around. Once parked and settled there at Furnace Creek Campgrounds, we began exploring Death Valley itself. My parents had been there several times. I’d only been once. It was May 2007, and I just passed through the place at night on my way from Yosemite to Las Vegas. Even at night, I remember the heat being terrible. The oppressive atmosphere and haze seemed unwelcoming, and I understood why the place was called what it was. Well, that was in May. In December, the place is quite different. Pleasantly cool in the morning, nowhere near hot in the daytime, we'd definitely picked the best time of year to visit. 

Come with us as we check out the sights by watching the video below.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your video. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time in that area, and will find somethings to do. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death Valley is one of my favorite places (in the winter time). Have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you had mentioned my funny outfit was because my arm was in a sling due to shoulder surgery. Death valley is certainly different than the tropical lands you usually see.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...