Thursday, December 21, 2017

Death Valley - The last and best look

I'm on vacation in the USA! Back in my home country, surrounded by family, traveling in their RV. Here's some pics and a video from visiting Death Valley. 
Your humble blogger


This is what they call an alluvial fan

'Merica!



Topographantastic!

19th century charcoal kilns, preserved very well in the extremely arid and remote hills above Death Valley

In the distance, the snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada. Amongst them is My Whitney, the highest point in the continental USA, a stone's throw away from Death Valley, the lowest point in North America

Enjoy the video. I liked how this one turned out. 


 

2 comments:

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...