Sunday, November 27, 2016

Mount Popa to Naypyitaw


As I mentioned previously, Mount Popa is the heart of nat reverence in Myanmar. Nats being the old gods, the pre-Buddhist spirits who inhabit and control these lands. My favorite of these "saints" has to be Kyawswa, the drunken god. Here he is in this picture.


It was a great road east out of Kyaukpadaung. Smooth. Not much  traffic. Then I turned south to catch the Magway-Naypyitaw Highway.  I suppose I shouldn't complain. I mean, these quirky, backcountry roads are what I like about these roadtrips of mine. Yeah, it's a bit annoying having to drive through every river on the road as opposed to over these rivers, but there we are.


traffic in rural myanmar

2 comments:

  1. I am happy that you survive on horrible roads without being hurt. I also must admit, you are great at creating videos! Thank you. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your posts. Also your parents posts but haven't seen a new one for a while. Are they ok?

    ReplyDelete

Four Days Until America

This time next week, I'll be roaming around the wildfires of SoCal, being back in my home country for the first time in nearly five yea...