Friday, May 27, 2016

Tour d'Borneo 12: The Wildlife Edition

I spent another night at the Nusantara Resort, just north of Mempawah, West Borneo. You saw bits and pieces of this place in the last video. It was advertised as having a swimming pool, a fishing pond, miniature golf and beach access. The beach was a mud flat. The swimming pool was brown and the miniature golf course had been plowed over long ago.

At least on the mud flats, I got see these creatures, mudskippers, the strangest fish I've ever seen. After some time observing them, I have to conclude that the number one thing mudskippers do is chase around other mudskippers.


They can't even keep a basketball hoop maintained.
Everything about the Nusantara resort was dilapidated. Although anything but exciting, and still there was no beer to be found anywhere, it was a nice place to chill and relax.

At one point, I got see what happens when you put a camera onto an ant path.


Enjoy the video.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you said you liked it there, because I truly felt badly for you, that it wasn't what you thought it would be. Prayer, continues. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

42424

I thought I was going to retire there. I was the senior staff member. I'd been there longer than anyone. It. Is. Not. Fair.  But on the ...