Saturday, May 16, 2015

A Lesson for Experienced Teachers in Surviving the CELTA

Wow... what an amazing day. It was my first of four days on the Mae Hong Song Loop that I'd written about previously.  Spectacular doesn't come close to describing the views, sites and culturally fascinating stuff I saw today.

  Unfortunately, I don't have to write about it at the moment either. Right now, I'm in a town called Mae Sariang here in northern Thailand. My friend Anthony has been living here for the last 6 weeks, as its also the home of his fiance. We're meeting up again here in a little bit.

Of course, this also means I've finished my CELTA!  I passed, but I won't know if I got one of 'graded' results until after a few more days. I've written quite extensively about the CELTA experience over on my Ajarn.com blog. Now, it's written with an audience of other English teachers in mind, but if you'd like to check it out... click here.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got a good grade in the end. I read the other post, it seems you got the message, I just hope your tutors saw it too.

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...