Sunday, September 8, 2013

SNAKE FARM! Joko in Thailand Episode 40

I will admit. I am essentially a middle-aged, very large, grown up boy. I think snakes are super-cool and totally neato. There's something primal and intimidating about the snake found in few other animals. Snakes are by far the most awesome reptiles on the planet.

Bangkok has a great reptile house dedicated solely to snakes, and it's been around for 100 years. Their primary purpose is milking the snakes to make anti-venom serums, but it's also a pretty cool herpetarium to visit. The snake farm at the Queen Saovabha Memorial Institute, located on the corner of Rama IV and Henri Durant Rd in Lumphini is a wonderful place to see these amazing creatures. It's small enough to see in a couple hours. If you're going on a weekend, as I did today, try to get there around 10 AM or a little earlier because you can see the whole place in an hour or so and then be there for the 11 AM snake show.


Enjoy the video.




2 comments:

  1. Not a snake lover. I want them totally enclosed in a glass cage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Great video!

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...