Thursday, October 5, 2017

Wow! It's Lao 10 - The Plain of Jars

After several days in a row of traveling, it was nice to stop someplace and not go anywhere. I was able to get my laundry done, enjoy the finest hotel in Phonsavan and go on a remarkable day trip. 

That day trip was out 30 km or so to Site 1 and 2 of the Plain of Jars. I dunno how they say it in Lao,  but the jars are very large stone receptacles. The Plain of Receptacles doesn't really roll off the tongue.

A tree has grown up through one of the jars. Amazing!


These 2000-year-old stone buckets were used to... well... that's still a matter of debate. 

Watch me visit the mysterious Plain of Jars here...

 


  

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, that it's a blessing being able to see what you see on your trip, and hear information, too. The music is always great. Thank you. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...