Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Myanmar Motorcyce Journey 11 - Ngapali to Gwa

Tired traveler looking for a
beach to rest.
It was New Years Eve Day, the last day of 2015. I was being forced out of Ngapali, Myanmar's most exclusive beach resort.  There were no rooms available; I hadn't made reservations. It was perhaps, a good thing as the room rates at Ngapali were ridiculously expensive in the high season.

So I was on the road again! My goal was Kanthayar
Beach, not that far from Ngapali as the crow flies, but the roads were fair at best. I had read online that there were several places to stay in Kanthayar, but I didn't have any specific places in mind.

As you'll see in the video, as I headed south, things sorta went south.

I found Kanthayar (eventually), but there was a surprise waiting for me there.

Ultimately, I ended up in Gwa.


You'll notice in several of the next few videos that I frequently stop and donate money
at the numerous roadside collection points. I figured I wanted the good karma.

At the beach

Road Report:
Distance: 200 km (should have been about 160)
Travel time: 6 hours
Conditions: Excellent 1%, Good 15%, Fair 70%, Bad 14%

2 comments:

  1. I have a few suggestions and questions for you, but I think I'll email them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I praise God you found somewhere to stay, even though it wasn't a wonderful place to be. I truly felt badly for what you went through that day. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Returning to Amerika?

From my 2nd to last eg, and perhaps the most scenic. The Lao trip has been over for a while now, and I've finally gotten around ...