Saturday, April 18, 2015

Chiang Mai Two: Ancient and New

Wat Chedi Luang
It was my first full day in the city that will be home these next 5 weeks.  A logical place to start exploring it was at it's heart.  The center of the old city.  The 604 year old temple smack dab in the middle of town. Wat Chedi Luang.

After that, submitting to the drenching I was getting from the Songkran Water Festival, it was off to the Paradise Art Museum, a very interesting place featuring modern, 3D illusionary art.

Here's the video.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Ive seen things like this on the web, but to see them in person must have been fantastic! I would guess this is a traveling exhibit, not a permanent show. I wonder if something like it will be coming to America sometime to some place we will be... Again, how lucky you were! Did you ever get my email about our possibly coming for a visit next April?

    ReplyDelete

42424

I thought I was going to retire there. I was the senior staff member. I'd been there longer than anyone. It. Is. Not. Fair.  But on the ...