Friday, December 12, 2014

Making Guacamole in Myanmar

Living in the tropics, fruits and vegetables are far less seasonal than they are in temperate climates, but they are still seasonal.  November was avocado season.  They were everywhere!  Huge, green, tempting haas avocados.  Here they use them for making smoothies... They don't eat them.  They drink them.

Me, when I think avocados, I think guacamole, one of my favorite foods.  It's also one of the first dishes my mother taught me to make when I was but a boy.  I share her recipe (some people add lemon or green chiles to guac; not in our recipe) with you in a couple of videos.

First I had to buy the ingredients... these aren't available in the local supermarket.  For produce, you gotta go to the market not the supermarket. 

In HD for your enjoyment...


Now that I had the five components of guacamole, it's time to share how to make it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your video about making the guacamole. I enjoy it, too. However, I've never blanched tomatoes and peeled them. I've always just diced them, into really small pieces. Still, it looks like something I might try doing in the future. Blessings, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Ten Years in Myanmar

 I couldn't remember the exact date of my arrival in Yangon. I thought the ten-year anniversary was going to be some day next week, so t...